Thursday, July 31, 2008

Gazebo fun

We had a Bridal shower for someone in Penni's ward. This will be the second official party at Pen's house! The fun part was dressing up the Gazebo and raking all around and pulling the rest of the weeds. The party started we even got balloons lime green and black (her colors) and tied them to the gate and the tables and Gazebo. Penni wanted them to go round the back and not through the house. The bride and her mother came in the house with Shaela so that didnt work. We put the food out watermellon, cantelope, cookies, brownies, veggie tray, rolls with chicken salad, strawberry's, and strawberry lemonaid. oh and chips. there is no party with out chips! We expected ooooh's and awhs over her yard and gazebo but I didnt hear any. They all sat on the patio and I with my Grand kids sat in the gazebo. So no one made a move to the gazebo so I finally made a move out to join the others. It was a great shower made with our best efforts. Even the fresh flowers were so spectacular most cut from Pen's yard. The dissapointing part is not a lot of ward members came. We all had a great time and there is so much food left over. Anyone wanting a chicken sandwich or cookies or anything else the Gazebo is empty! Pen and I had a great time dressing up the Gazebo and I cant think of anywhere I would rather be! The satisfaction of fulfilling a dream is the best and we can hug that to us. Next time I will stand in front of the GAZEBO and say isnt this Lovely and if they dont answer I will club them on the head and say SPEEK UP I Cant HEAR YOU!!! Bill said did you tell them I built it? I laughed and said no did you want me to carve your name over the door way? Bill said yes thats a great Idea. He was just joking I think!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is so funny! If I had been there I would have been oohing and aahing! Penni has the prettiest backyard!

Pcrowther said...

You are so funny Pat! We've never worked so hard, but , had so much fun. Sure glad its done. Thanks to you and Bill.

Diane said...

That made me laugh! I can just see you sitting out there in the gazebo looking at everyone on the patio like....THIS is where we want you! It did turn out great though. I LOVE her backyard!