Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Grandma sleep over
Kelly and Megan have been in town. The cousins love to be together. Lyenna hasnt felt to well after the baby sooo. I said why not keep all the kids over night. They thought it was so fun. I was getting a little cross eyed about 10:30 saturday night when they couldnt deside where they wanted to sleep. Where ever Tayler was they wanted to be Where ever Conner Was they wanted to be sooo Just like sleeping beauty they tried the spare room across from us. They tried the living room, then they tried the basement. The final choice and the one that was just right was the family room. Carson wanted to sleep with Tayler curled up in a ball at the end of the couch. Tayler couldnt go to sleep and Tanner was scared so Tanner moved upstairs with Trey and Tayler moved to the small couch and laid with her head laying off the end and her feet over the back. The little ones did great sleeping but, the older ones didnt fare as well. Tanner woke up in the morning and said Trey, Trey are you awake. Then he went down stairs and said Tayler , Tayler are you awake. Tayler said she tried to pretend she was asleep, but gave up. I could hear them and grabbed my camera and caught them all together in the living room on the love seat together. They wanted us to wake up without really waking us up. They made me laugh! The bath in the jetted tub Saturday night was a riot!! They thought that was soooo cool. It takes alot of water to fill up and my mistake I let the boys go first. The water was the color of chocolate milk. when the girls got in.. I thought we could at least get the first layer of dirt off. Carson and Connor know how to swim so Carson was going head first off the side slidding into the merky water. He was happy as punch I got a picture of it but, Carson was to fast and I got Conner standing with his wing wang all together. I had to erase it so I wouldnt be arrested when I develope the film. Breakfast was fun I made Waffels and Orange juice and they ate pretty good. My table and floor were a little sticky as well as their hands and the back of the chairs but, it was goood. Church isnt until 1pm so I thought it would be fun to dress up in grandma and grandpa's church cloths. The kids thought it was funny. I had to use Bill Shorts and tucked in a white shirt and tied the belt in a knot. We had to fold the shorts in half and they still went to their shoes. the girls liked my sparkley shirts so we had a blast giggling together. Kelly and Megan walked in and we said suprise we are all ready for Church. I have Pic's I will post them later. Kyson took his off, or they fell off, he handed it to me and said they are to big. We missed the rest of the kids Ellie, Mylee, Nathaniel, Johnathan, and Brigham. Im not sure where we would have put everyone but, we would have made room. Penni is the one that started the Grandma day. I thought it would be a great tradition. I'm sharing my grandkids with Pen because most of hers are so far away.

7 comments:

Becky Glover said...

That sounds like so much fun - maybe I could hint to my mom that she needs to have a Grandma day/night so I can have a break! Its good to see your pictures and family, I've missed a lot being so far away but I can keep in touch now. Tell everyone I say hello...I keep trying to get together with Megan and Kelly but they live so far and our schedules haven't worked out yet but I'm not giving up, someday we'll get my husband and Kelly together. All cops do is talk shop anyway so then Megan and I could get to know each other!
Talk to you soon!
Beck

Alinde said...

Hi Patti,
I sure love hearing about your grandma sleep over. it sounds like you had a great time, and a long night. (smile)not something you could do EVERY night I'm sure but every once in a while is great. (smile) I'm so glad that Kelly and Megan have been able to be out in Utah to visit family for so long. What a treasured memory!

Diane said...

This post made me laugh out loud! I can just see all of you dressed for church! You are so funny! Happy Grandma's sleepover! I'd like to do that sometime. Penni always has the best ideas! Love ya!

Kimberly said...

What a cute grandma you are! You have so many grandchildren now it's hard to keep track! I've been thinking about Jim and Emily A LOT lately. How are they doing? Could you email me their email addresses or phone number? Starpansie2004@yahoo.com...thanks!!! Love ya!

Tina said...

thats the best! I need to talk my mom into something like that. I can't believe how many grandkids you guys have!!
I love the story! Write more!!!

Grandma Hand said...

Patti that is the best especially the kids dressing up for church you have the best ideas. These are times the kids will always remember and so will you.

Pcrowther said...

Thanks for sharing your cute children and grandchildren with me. You are the greatest. My gazebo looks great. I just need to finish with the rock and it will look so beautiful. Thanks to you and Bill. What would I have done. I would have had pieces of gazebo all over the yard for years. They said (Oh sure you could put it together in a couple of hours>) Whatever. I would need a degree in gazebos Thanks I love you guys lots and lots!!